Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2015 4:24 pm  #1

Flag counter not ignoring my visits. And question about FC Pro.

I set it so that the counter ignores my visits and it even says "Current status: This browser is being ignored."
Is there maybe a chrome extension that intefering?

On osu.ppy.sh im not 100% sure on the reason but for whatever reason flag counter doesnt work, i think it may be because of their ddos protection. Will flag counter pro fix that?
"
 SSL encrypted counter option available, for use on secure pages."

Last edited by xkrissi (February 16, 2015 4:27 pm)

February 16, 2015 4:32 pm  #2

Re: Flag counter not ignoring my visits. And question about FC Pro.

We have had other users report that site loads external images through a proxy.  That might be the reason you appear to be counted if your browser is set to being ignored, as the proxy will not have that cookie set.

I'm not sure if Flag Counter Pro will fix that, you might ask your website provider if they proxy secure images, or if there is a way of disabling it without Flag Counter Pro.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

February 16, 2015 6:12 pm  #3

Re: Flag counter not ignoring my visits. And question about FC Pro.

osu's seems the same "issue" Tagged/Hi5 now have so, accordingly, PRO won't fix it.

I'm no computer geek and I don't really know how it works but the effect is, the image itself is taken as it is the first time you add it, and it will never refresh/update. (It's always loaded that same first image through a "static" link)

If osu coders can manually disable it for certain images then good to go, you don't even need PRO I guess

Feel free to prove me wrong I have a little idea about what I am talking about

Board footera

Flag Counter