Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2014 2:48 pm  #1

Real hits v Fake hits

After a little conversation was just had, I decided to ask the question "Are you bothered if a hit is real or if it isnt" This will really only apply to pro users as country hits are generally real anyway (apart from proxies and vpns of course!)
So if you got a flag from, for example, New York, would you want the end user to actually be in New York? Or wouldn't it bother you where they were,  as long as you got a flag on your counter??
If i said for example i could get you a hit from every region of Ethiopia, you will get the flag, but none of them would be real, would you be happy with that?
Just wondering what the opinions of regular users were..........

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

November 21, 2014 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Real hits v Fake hits

Are you aware of the fact that the VAST majority of ''real'' IPs is in wrong regions? Cause, definitely, everyone in Uruguay lives in Montevideo, everyone in Mongolia lives in Ulan Bator and everyone in Paraguay lives in Asuncion.

Oh and I suppose people living in Tokelau are supposed to leave a German flag cause it's real.

The ''fake'' hits you're talking about are actually 100x more accurate than those the providers assign themselves.

To sum it up, according to your logic, 16 UY regions, 4 JM regions, 8 PY regions and many many many more don't exist anymore, cause we aren't getting ''real'' hits from them.

PS: This question basically only applies to the ''big collectors'' out there...

Last edited by holland25 (November 21, 2014 9:05 pm)

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

December 7, 2014 5:39 pm  #3

Re: Real hits v Fake hits

Oh, I seeeeeeeeee, that's what you were talking about. Poor butthurt sucker Prince who ruined Papua cause he wasn't good enough to get Gulf. Congratulations, well done!

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

Board footera

Flag Counter