Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2014 6:34 am  #1

Duplicate visitors on visitor log

I had no problem with Flag Counter for the first couple of days.  Now all of a sudden every visitor on my log shows up twice, a duplicate entry.  This is going to cut down my last 250,000 visitors showing up in half unless I can fix it.  Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I'm kind of a noob, only had this 3 days.  So i'm sure someone knows what I'm doing wrong.  Thanx   And sorry, I couldn't include a link to my page, wouldn't let me

July 13, 2014 8:33 am  #2

Re: Duplicate visitors on visitor log

Do you only have the normal s.0.. something counter on your page or also a time counter or a map? If you have 2 of your counter images on your site, the visitor will be counted twice but only one of those hits will be new, Therefore the duplicate hits in your log.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

July 13, 2014 2:54 pm  #3

Well, i have the normal s.0.., but I actually have 2 of them.  Also have 1 for the states for U.S. visitors.  But it worked fine the first day or 2, the last day is when i've gotten the duplicate log hits

July 13, 2014 3:18 pm  #4

Well, duplicate hits happen when you have more than one counter on your site... You can't avoid that... And why they only started showing now? No clue.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

July 14, 2014 10:47 am  #5

Well in logs you can filter so only new hits are displayed so this should remove duplicates I think ?

July 17, 2014 4:34 am  #6

Well yes, duplicate hits disappear when I remove the U.S. visitors counter and when I filter for new visitors only.  But I guess I'll live with it, as long as it's not messing up any of my numbers. Thanks!

Last edited by Rubberbandman (July 17, 2014 4:40 am)

Board footera

Flag Counter