Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2010 8:33 pm  #1

Flag Count is Wrong

Hi,

When I log into my statistics page, flag counter says I have had visitors from 110 countries, but if you go to my website and look at the flag counter widget image, you can see that there are only 109 flags on it (3 columns of 28 + 1 column of 25).  What is going on here?  I do have one visitor classified as "unknown country", is that the missing flag in the image?  Shouldn't there at least be a place-holder image for such a visitor so that the widget and the stats match up?  Thanks.    

March 15, 2010 6:49 pm  #2

Re: Flag Count is Wrong

Unknown-Satellite provider and Unknown-Anonymous Proxy doesn't appear as flags, that's why. So you have 1 'extra' flag in the detailed information on your counter page

March 15, 2010 7:22 pm  #3

Hmm. . . , I don't like the flag count being different from the number reported on my details page.  It would have been better if these unknown's were not reported as countries for the purposes of the count if they were not going to have flags in the image.

March 16, 2010 8:17 pm  #4

I have no problem with unknown places not showing, but the same should happen to all unknown places, not just 2.

March 17, 2010 3:30 pm  #5

The 'Unknown' flag is displayed as a '?' flag in your counter image, 'Asia-Pacific Region' is displayed as a 'AP' flag, while 'Unknown-European Union' flag is displayed as a 'EU' flag in your counter image. While these other two, Satellite Provider and Anonymous Proxy is not displayed in your counter image, even though you have it in your counter ;)

However since the counter detected ISP from different places, I think some ISP have 'unknown' origin - I think that's why...

But if you want your counter to have even columns all the time, you can just adjust the number of countries shown...

Last edited by Grishend (March 17, 2010 3:32 pm)

March 17, 2010 3:56 pm  #6

It is not that I want even columns.  If I wanted that, I can simply have one column of flags and it would always be "even" because there are no columns to compare it against.  I want the number of flag images in my flag counter widget to match the number of countries reported on my stats page.  But I guess that is not possible.

Now, my widget is off by 2 images because I have also received a visit from Unknown-Anonymous Proxy.  Now my stats report 112 countries, but my flag counter widget image shows only 110 flags. 

March 17, 2010 4:08 pm  #7

Ah if you wanted that, I guess that is not possible, unless Jeremy implement a new 'flag' for the counter image to represent Anonymous Proxy and Satellite Provider.

Last edited by Grishend (March 17, 2010 4:08 pm)

March 17, 2010 8:55 pm  #8

Pretty please, Jeremy . . .!

March 18, 2010 5:42 am  #9

blogannath wrote:

Pretty please, Jeremy . . .!

OK... since you asked nicely 

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

March 18, 2010 5:13 pm  #10

All unknow flags are showing now.
I think it is much better now, using the same criteria for all unknown flags.
Thank you Jeremy!!

Board footera

Flag Counter