Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2009 7:28 am  #1

Any suggestions for my small problem

I have just attached the flag counter to my two websites, and I love it. The only problem I have is that my websites are based in the UK and I manage them from the UAE so my flag at the bottom is shown as the UAE flag, how can I change that to the UK flag, as that is where my horses are based.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to have to remove the flag counter.

September 7, 2009 7:38 am  #2

Re: Any suggestions for my small problem

mmmm I think you can't. If you are in UAE, your Ip adress is from this country so this is what FC counts. You need to be in the UK.

She is/I am - Shiam
Music Website

September 7, 2009 7:41 am  #3

My horse farms are in the UK, I just manage the sites for my daughter from the UAE, so the flag for the location of the sites is wrong. I am going to have to rethink whether I use them or not. Which is a shame as I have paid for the service already. 

September 7, 2009 7:55 am  #4

That's the problem. Every time you visit your website is counted as a UAE visit 'cause you are there.

FC is about visits, sometimes you can have more visits from other country than yours so, I think there's no problem. 

She is/I am - Shiam
Music Website

September 7, 2009 11:57 am  #5

You come online from UAE / Your internet company is in UAE - and that's what FC registers. When someone in the UK comes across your horse site, you'll get a UK flag, if someone in Brazil admires your horses, you'll get a Brazilian flag and so on 
You can't change your location with flagcounter but is that bad?

September 7, 2009 12:08 pm  #6

Oh I see, do you mean if someone goes on from UK then at the bottom of the table it will show their flag (UK), I am not referring to the list of flags and the counter, but the "YOUR FLAG" at the bottom of the listing.

If that is how it works, then that is fine, I thought that the 'YOUR FLAG' indicated the location of the website. 

September 7, 2009 12:10 pm  #7

Oh I see
Yes, "your flag" indicates location of the viewer, good luck 

September 7, 2009 12:12 pm  #8

I have another question, please 

I thought that the flag counter remembered your cookies and did not keep counting you if you went on. I know that I am the only visitor from the UAE and I have been counted more than 20 times.

September 7, 2009 12:24 pm  #9

how do you know you're the only visitor from the UAE?

Annie has the same problem (read here), I've tried explaining what might be the cause, but I'm not so sure anymore 

so we better wait for Jeremy 

September 7, 2009 12:33 pm  #10

Thanks for the link to Annie's problem, it seems to be exactly the same problem that I am having. I have attached an IP logger and it is me that is being counted.

So I don't know 

Board footera

Flag Counter