Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2013 10:57 pm  #1

New flags

Thanks to Basquine for the translation 

1. Would it be possible to add the flags of Easter Island and Kosovo to the flags list
2. The flag of Saint Martin could be changed for a local flag
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Flag_of_Saint-Martin_%28local%29.svg/800px-Flag_of_Saint-Martin_%28local%29.svg.png
3. Flags of Bonaire, Saba an Sint Eustatius could be replace the flags of both Caribbean Netherlands and Netherlands Antilles 
4.Regions of Katar, Serbia, Słowenia, Libanon, Moldowa, Myanmar, Lybia, Macedonia could be added and maybe some others too, I'm not sure which ones
5.In the "Country List" there are no flags of Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Netherlands Antilles and Antarctica. Why?

Some corrections made by me. I'm not responsible for the content of the topic. I only improved the English a bit. (Jens)

Last edited by Jens (August 26, 2013 6:29 pm)

August 26, 2013 6:32 pm  #2

Re: New flags

I hope everybody agree that Basquile and I commonly improved the content of the topic and the Poland intends to start the discussion again.

The previous comments were deleted.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

August 26, 2013 7:12 pm  #3

So, Poland.

1. Easter Island is a part of Chile and therefore it registers as that. Kosovo is not available yet, they don't have a functioning IP range.
2. That's not an official flag of Saint Martin, so no.
3. Bonaire, Sint Eustasius and Saba are officially Caribbean Netherlands. Antilles also included Sint Maarten and Curacao, so they will have to stay the way they are.
4. All the countries you mentioned are either horrible (1 or 2 regions out of tens available) or don't have FIPS at all. So, again, no.
5. That's Jeremy's responsibility. I still think all 250 countries should be there.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

August 26, 2013 7:31 pm  #4

Great holland25,
Thanks for your comments.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

August 26, 2013 10:12 pm  #5

holland25 wrote:

2. That's not an official flag of Saint Martin, so no.

However, it should be noted that the flag of Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, Wallis and Futuna we have on the counter, they are not official

August 27, 2013 12:51 am  #6

Yes the Official Flags of Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte and Wallis and Futuna are all the French flag as they are overseas territories, however, the flags we use for Guadeloupe and Mayotte have official usage as Logo or Coat of Arms.  Martinique’s and W and F both have historical significance to their territories dating back to the 1700’s and are both flown on the islands (just not in an official capacity)…. Plus wouldn’t it be boring if they were all the same French flag, I’m sure you will struggle to find anyone on those islands that would complain about the usage of these flags compared to just the French flag.

August 27, 2013 9:13 am  #7

@Poland. I think you got helpful answers to all your questions, now, from collectors who know what they are talking about. Much more than me.

Q5 Antilles is not listed because it has been replaced. See earlier topics. Cocos, Antarctica, and some other flags are impossible from real visits. But if I say more, I will break rule #10.

August 31, 2013 2:21 pm  #8

August 31, 2013 3:05 pm  #9

No IP range, no IPs assigned and there will never be.
No Ip range, no IPs assigned and there will never be.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

August 31, 2013 6:25 pm  #10

@Poland
Honestly, it is waste of time to check new flags for special regions of a country which have no IP ranges.

Before posting a suggestion I strongly recommend to do all necessary investigations.

Altherwise I would consider it as not serious.

Board footera

Flag Counter