Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2013 10:12 am  #1

My Flags Suddenly Disappeared!

Guys, please help me. Yesterday, I just used flag counter in my wordpress blog which you can visit here. www.erwinagapay.wordpress.com

When I logged in this afternoon, I saw that there were some flags from my country, the Philippines, and also from the US, Thailand, Germany, Qatar and Australia. 

Then I decided to add some more widgets in my Wordpress Blog (without touching the flag counter widget) and when I saved all the changed, boom! The flags all disappeared! Is that really natural? When you edit your widget settings, thbe flag counter will go back to zero? 

Out of frustration, I edited my flag counter and retyped the address again so now it's again back to zero. It really makes me upset so now I will never edit my widgets again! 

May 25, 2013 10:35 am  #2

Re: My Flags Suddenly Disappeared!

did you use the original code? or make a new one?

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

May 25, 2013 10:43 am  #3

Paul Prince wrote:

did you use the original code? or make a new one?

Actually, when I was editing my widgets (I added the Top Post widgets and other stuff), I left the Flag Counter Widget untouched. When I saved the changes, I saw that the flags disappeared!

After that, since I thought the flags weren't gonna come back, I used another code, this time showing up to maximum of 30 flags. Is that really natural? When you edit widgets in your blog, the flags disappear? So that means, I will never get to edit my widgets anymore because my flags will just get back to zero? 

May 25, 2013 10:48 am  #4

if you used a new code it will start at 0.......the same code will not lose your flags

do you have the original code?

May 25, 2013 10:48 am  #5

Nope, that definitely shouldn't happen. It never does.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

May 25, 2013 10:50 am  #6

he changed the code.

May 25, 2013 10:55 am  #7

Paul Prince wrote:

he changed the code.

Yeah I did because I was frustrated so I'm starting all over again now .

The thing that bugged me is that it came back to zero when I just edited my widgets and didn't edit nor touch the code whatsoever. I just edited my widgets like what I said, when I saved it and looked at my blog the flags disappeared! Thinking it was just an error because of a slow internet connection, I logged out and logged in again just to find out that the flags were indeed lost.

So out of frustration, I just changed the code enabling the maximum number of flags to 30 (the previous one was 21) and knowing that I will never be able to bring back all those flags that were mysteriously lost!

May 25, 2013 10:56 am  #8

do you have the original code anywhere?

May 25, 2013 11:00 am  #9

Paul Prince wrote:

do you have the original code anywhere?

awww no i didn't save it unfortunately  the only real thing that frustrates me is it was gone right before my eyes!!!!!  see @ www.erwinagapay.wordpress.com i only have few flags now the other flags were conspicuously gone 

May 25, 2013 11:01 am  #10

Did you register your counter?  I didn't find any matching your forum email address.  You should try checking your browser's history pages for the statistics page of your old counter.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter