Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2013 7:52 am  #1

Idea for Jens (or Jeremy)

Hello friends.

I have an idea for you.I am not sure how to explain it clearly but will try.At this point when one user registered the system gives him/her a Nickname status Flag Collector.That is for all the users here(I think).

In this moment in the site have two category rights.In one side the users with mark FLAG COLLECTOR in the other the Moderator (Jens).

The Idea is If it is possible to expand the nickname FORUM RIGHTS  for each user with different status (depending of activity of the user and depending of the posts published in the site).

and after a period of time some nicknames to have a different marks-something like UPGRADE  (like Power User,Veteran...and etc)

I hope you understand me.

Julian (S-CORPION)

Last edited by bghardrock (March 27, 2013 8:04 am)

March 27, 2013 8:26 am  #2

Re: Idea for Jens (or Jeremy)

It's a good idea, Many forums use that, I would Private Message Jeremy directly with this idea

March 27, 2013 8:45 am  #3

Julian,
It's an excellent idea. I will forward it to Jeremy's attention.
It is not necessary to PM Jeremy in this regard.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

March 27, 2013 8:46 am  #4

No problem after everyone is happy if you want you can close this threat :D

March 27, 2013 9:23 am  #5

Jens wrote:

Julian,
It's an excellent idea. I will forward it to Jeremy's attention.
It is not necessary to PM Jeremy in this regard.

Yes it is, jeremy always seems to respond a little more often to PM's, too many ideas get lost in the system here sometimes with silly posts

March 27, 2013 6:59 pm  #6

We can certainly do this.  Does anyone have some clever ranks they would like to see? 

Each should incorporate "Flag" in some way I would think.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

April 7, 2013 9:25 am  #7

Let's start the discussion:
Administrator 
Flag Collector <500 posts
Experienced Flag Collector 500-1000 posts
Power Flag Collector >1000 posts

or
Administrator 
Junior flag collector       forum member of less than a year with some contributions (less than 100 per month)
Teen flag collection       forum member of more than a year with some contributions (less than 100 per month)
Senior flag collector      forum member of more than a year with frequent contributions (more than 100 per month)

Another options would it be to involve the flags collected and to combine this with time of forum presence and contributions.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

April 7, 2013 11:06 am  #8

Make it Soviet stylee. In ascending order: Flag Apparatchik, Flag Comrade, Dear Flag Leaders.

April 7, 2013 11:11 am  #9

I forgot. Let's have 2 more ranks. Flag Counter Youth for newbies. And Flag Counter Limousines for oldies.

Last edited by Lorelei (April 7, 2013 11:29 am)

April 7, 2013 12:57 pm  #10

@Lorelei

I expected a more useful contribution to the discussion and I don't expect that Don would support your latter proposal.

Board footera

Flag Counter