Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2013 3:36 pm  #1

Visits and Flag visit count no where close

I am confused:  on the webpage I get:

United States 29,295

on my site the flag counter shows

USA 188

I know I average 2500 visits a day but that flg counter never moves at all.

What have I done?

Thanks,
Tim

February 13, 2013 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Visits and Flag visit count no where close

Is that a blog?
You can't compare different statistics. They never ever count the same values.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

February 13, 2013 5:52 pm  #3

It is a monthly journal.  1and1 analytics shows a number Google analytics shows another and your site shows one and your forwrd facing flag counter plugin shows nothing.

Please explain what it is I am paying for so I can have a better understanding.

Tim

February 13, 2013 5:54 pm  #4

I am trying to compare numbers from the page I get to when clicking the flag counter blck on my site and both are nowhere close to each other so I am confused...

February 13, 2013 6:08 pm  #5

That sounds very complicated to me.

1. Flag counter is being displayed as an image.
2. google analytics and wordpress analytics are javascript.

Your visitors might have either allowed or disallowed javascript and/or foreign code, what flag counter for wordpress is.

Last edited by Jens (February 13, 2013 6:15 pm)

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

February 13, 2013 6:30 pm  #6

Explaining your reports is complicated?

February 13, 2013 6:57 pm  #7

Well, why do you use three different statistic tools, rather fout tools. I've forgotten the revolvermap.

That will necessarily result different result.

February 13, 2013 7:19 pm  #8

I only use Google Analytics to track traffic and deal with ad sense and such.  It is part of doing my business.  I added your flag counter as it seemed to be cute but it is not even close to being correct on unique visitors to my site.

Theoretically I think what is going on with your image should grab every single person that lands on the journal's home page.  Should I ut the image on every page of the site?

February 14, 2013 5:16 am  #9

Hi tsoheili,

Please be sure that you have added your counter image to every page that the other counters are tracking.  We can only count visitors that load the image.  Many times, more people visit the sub-pages than people think, as a result of only visiting a particular page that they found in a search engine.

The statistics may also vary somewhat, because we only count someone as a new visitor one time, while others might count them as new again the next day or after a certain number of days.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter