Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2013 12:08 pm  #1

Visitor log upgrade

We have upgraded the visitor log to a single page display and given it a fresher look overall, in addition to adding several more detectable web browsers and operating systems.

I look forward to any feedback.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

February 11, 2013 12:24 pm  #2

Re: Visitor log upgrade

Wonderfull! thanks!

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE:  http://www.dh0iav.de  Greetings from the Müritz, the largest inland lake in Germany !  OM Hans, (DH0IAV)
248 countries, .2213 flags collected

February 11, 2013 12:43 pm  #3

sorry but i don't like it.
the flags on the dropdown is a nice addition, but the removal of the filters and the combining of both os and page viewed is nowhere near as clear as it was before

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

February 11, 2013 2:19 pm  #4

I've never cared about the OS or browser by combining to one page it is confusing and cluttered, paged viewed is most important to me.  I concur with Paul.

February 11, 2013 6:34 pm  #5

It's a good think, but I have some issues to report:
1 - I didn't like the way the layout was broken, with the source of the flag beeing in below. It was clearer to see before, when you have all the information of a visit condensed on a single line. It was like one line per visitor. Or it would be more clear if you enhance the colors difference. The gray you used is too much similar to white. I guess a gray a little more dark would be more interesting.
2 - the "apply country filter" is not accepting you typing the country initials. before, if I wanted to look to Pakistan visitors, I just clicked on the filter dropbox and typed "P-A-K" and enter and it was done. Now I have to scrool all way down and search for Pakistan. But The flags on the filter is pretty nice

Last edited by jimctu (February 11, 2013 6:35 pm)

Countries: 250 Total Flags: 1974
http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/jimctu

February 11, 2013 7:05 pm  #6

@ jimctu..................... don't search for Pakistan then you will be ok   

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

February 11, 2013 9:59 pm  #7

Sorry Jeremy, normally I love what you do with the counters but this new look is terrible
1. You have to scroll down to find the country you want from the filter, before you could click on the letter to at least jump down to a closer country, eg click Y for Yeman now you have to scroll all the way down.
2. the log is too busy with both lots of information on it.

February 12, 2013 12:49 am  #8

Everyone's feedback is appreciated.  I did not realize the dropdown with the logos would disable your keyboard shortcuts so that has been removed.

We heard from a lot of users who didn't like switching back and forth in the visitor log, which is what prompted the redesign.  A new version will be appearing shortly that I hope will satisfy everyone.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

February 12, 2013 4:21 am  #9

Why don't you just type the country code in the url? I do like that and it's much faster

February 12, 2013 7:10 am  #10

Jeremy wrote:

Everyone's feedback is appreciated.  I did not realize the dropdown with the logos would disable your keyboard shortcuts so that has been removed.

We heard from a lot of users who didn't like switching back and forth in the visitor log, which is what prompted the redesign.  A new version will be appearing shortly that I hope will satisfy everyone.

I didn't get around to commenting on the change yesterday (but If I had I would have been critical ). The revision this morning is much better, with the details on two lines in their own column. Thanks.

Board footera

Flag Counter